Tuesday, October 1, 2002

Forget Me Not

A Plea to the CRP (California Republican Party)



Please Forget Me Not!

I’m so small, not easily seen or heard,
A baby, with no voice nor choice, so absurd.

Mother Earth has rights, animal rights, even criminal rights,
Yet they say it’s all settled, those Roe v Wade fights.

Baby condors, snails and whales have defenders,
I’m, a glob, a pregnancy by-product, what pretenders!

My blood is sought, for many dollars bought,
Who will cry out for me, please forget me not.

Be quiet, don’t bring up the thorny “A” issue
Don’t rock the boat for a little bit of tissue.

But I have no voice, no choice, nothing to say,
By their CHOICE, my life is taken away.

Mom, Dad, please let me live life and see days light,
Don’t let the womb be my tomb, I’m worth the fight!

My blood is sought, for many dollars bought,
Who will cry out for me, please forget me not!



California Republican Party 2000 – 2003 Platform
The Sanctity of LifeWe note Thomas Jefferson's sentiment that "the care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction is the first and only legitimate object of good government," and that the United States Constitution guarantees no one "be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law." The CRP affirms its support for the protection of innocent human life at every stage, from the pre-born to the elderly, the infirm and the disabled.
As the Party for Life, we stand with the overwhelming majority of Americans who oppose taxpayer funding of abortion and abortion for sex selection. We oppose the heinous practice commonly known as partial-birth abortion and urge the State Legislature, the Congress and President to pass legislation to ban this procedure. To restore to the states the right to determine the abortion issue, we support the reversal of Roe V. Wade. We oppose efforts to legalize assisted suicide.
We support and strongly encourage positive alternatives to abortion such as adoption, which we will promote through legal reforms. We support the existence of pregnancy counseling centers throughout California that offer a private sector alternative during a crisis pregnancy. As well, we support parental consent as a prerequisite for any minor receiving family planning services or having an abortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment